No Mocking Allowed!
"They were supposed to be saving lives, not mocking them."
Two paramedics made an outrageous 50-minute tape on the job that shows their crude interactions with hookers and bums - and a nasty running commentary making fun of patients, neighborhoods and the FDNY, as reported by the New York Post.
The pair was forced to resign last week, but the public had no idea just how badly they betrayed their badges.
The disturbing revelations included:
- Running derogatory comments
- Mean-spirited pokes at the homeless
- Nasty pranks on drunks
- Sleeping while on duty
- Shocking prostitute breast exposures
- Raunchy lewd jokes at the expense of patients
- Photographing patients without department permission
- Personnel mocking their departments and their jobs
For those of us who might be characterized as mean-spirited mockers of homeless drunk prostitutes and other assorted interesting characters, anonymity is our friend. We should cherish and honor our friend, never betraying him, or else the PC police might smack us in the head with their humorless baton.
"They played it for a load of laughs, but it wasn't a joke once it went high up," an FDNY insider said.